10/26/2005

 

Quick Thoughts: The Longest World Series Game Ever

Thought's running through my head while I watched a game which seemed to never end and drank a giant rum and coke which felt the same:

Ron Burgundy: Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast!

Champ Kind : It jumped up a notch!

Ron Burgundy: It did, didn't it?

Brick Tamland: Yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart!

Ron Burgundy: I saw that! Brick killed a guy! Did you throw a trident?

Brick Tamland: Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident!

Ron Burgundy: Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.


Comments:
Two things about last night's broadcast of a truly memorable game (which I saw until the bitter end, because I'm a grad student and can stay up until 2:30 on a Tuesday night):

1. Holy fuck, Ezequiel Astacio is one ugly, ugly man. We may be talking Skeeter Barnes territory here.

2. Fox makes me want to retch. Just... everything about their broadcast is awful. I actually don't mind Buck and McCarver... it's everything else, like the little sound-effects on superfast pitches (we can tell by the number!), the trails on the replay of the pitch (remember the Fox Puck? We in Canada sure do, and we're still laughing our asses off!), and the RIDICULOUS NUMBER OF CROWD SHOTS. I didn't tune into the game to see the CROWD, I tuned in to see the GAME. I give you permission to show a sleeping child in the 13th inning, but other than that, KEEP THE GOD DAMN CAMERAS POINTED AT THE FIELD.

It got so bad that I flipped from Fox over to Rogers Sportsnet, which was (mercifully) carrying a feed straight from mlb.com; Rick Sutcliffe was in the booth with some other schumuck, but it was also deliciously free of all the ridiculous Fox graphics and show-promos.

"PRISON BREAK" IS HOT SHIT! I GET IT ALREADY!!!

And... exhale.
 
The David Duke comment? The funniest EVER!

How many days til P & C?
 
haha very nice quick thoughts on the longest world series game ever, I will share it with my price per head agent friend who like posts like this one!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

"I'll be dead in the cold, cold ground before I recognize the state of Missouri."