10/18/2006

 

Six Down, Five to Go


Cards 4, Metros 2



I'd love to say that this is exactly where we, as Cards fans, want to be: Up three games to two and with all the momentum in the Midwest pushing the Cardinals charter plane a couple hours northeast to Shea. Hell, we are right were we want to be... gotta win one of the next two, and while the Mets are throwing out the likes of John Maine and some sort of frankenstinish combination of Darren Oliver/Oliver Perez, we've got our best two pitchers going.

And one of those guys' luggage is extra heavy because he's weighed down by the many pitching awards he has won over the last two seasons. The other fella? He has balls the size of honeydews, once got a blumpkin from Roger Clemens, and has bedded more women than you have even heard of. Plus, our closer's gotta bigger crotch than anyone this side of Kyle Farnsworth.

That's good odds for the men in red, but heeeeres what worries me: These are the last three "big momentum" games from the last two NLCS's'ss's(s):

  1. Game 5 of the 2004 NLCS - Jeff Kent's walkoff against the Cards, which led to:
  2. Game 6 of the 2004 NLCS- Jimmy Edmonds' walkoff against the Astros.
  3. Game 5 of the 2005 NLCS - In which Albert Pujols ate Brad Lidge's career like a bag of Sun Chips and washed down his soul with a grape soda (fuck, I'm hungry).

Of those three games, the team with all of that precious momentum which the national press cares ever so much about has won their next game only once. So all the "mo'" in the world isn't going to help the Cardinals at Shea tonight

As the late, great Earl Weaver* once said "momentum is only as good as tomorrow’s starting pitcher."

Luckily, the Cards got Carp going tonight.

I'll be down at Nick's Pub with the kids if youse St Louis folks wanna party...Should be fun.

"What about work, Al?" you wonder.... Well, let's just say "I think I'm getting the black lung, pop... [cough, cough]"

*Note - Earl Weaver is not actually dead.

Labels:


Comments:
The other fella? He has balls the size of honeydews, once got a blumpkin from Roger Clemens, and has bedded more women than you have even heard of. Plus, our closer's gotta bigger crotch than anyone this side of Kyle Farnsworth.


Al, come on now, other than the reference of him bedding more women than i have ever heard of, there is alot of homo-eroticism in this line. all this coming from a guy I once recorded stating "if i could go down on myself..... i might" it might be a little much for me to handle.

Billy
 
whats your email man? do you still have that vacuum\yearbook?
 
alxfritz at gmail.com

Unfortunatly, the thiefs that are the official movers of the marine corps stole my vacuum. Luckily, however, they delivered both my surf and body boards. Because those are useful items when you're living in urban St Louis.

So, no, I no longer have all of my going away messages from you guys signed on a floor cleaner.

Why in the hell did everyone sign my vacuum like a yearbook again? For some reason I think I (and a few bottles of wine) was/were behind that one.
 
actually, i think it was josh's idea, but im pretty sure wine was involved, oh and you have to take this word verification thing off of here, its really hard to post a comment when ive been drinking
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

"I'll be dead in the cold, cold ground before I recognize the state of Missouri."