2/13/2006

 

The Big Move (?)

Live from Trivoli, Illinois...it's The FYC!

Now from Al's Parents house!

And, just FYI, Trivoli is about fifteen minutes from Peoria, and for all intents and purposes I will refer to where I am as Peoria henceforth. Thank you.

Not that anyone cares, but the move went...eh...okay.

Saturday night, the StLer's all met up at Trueman's place for one last night of celebrating the debauchery that was our early-to-mid-20's (not only was I leaving the StL, but Roommate Matt is moving in with his girlfriend and Dennis Quaid is getting his own place, too. Truly the end of an era.)

As we sat around downing cheap pitchers of Bud, watching the whitest college basketball game anyone had seen in a fortnight (Gonzaga v. Stanford), and wondering why none of us had Mike Shannon's phone number, we also dominated the Jukebox with an enthralling final playlist of Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)>The Weight>Real Mutherfuckin' G's>The Night They Drove Ol' Dixie Down .

Those four songs, for those of you who don't know, = awesome.

As for the move itself, in case anyone was wondering, drinking at a bar until 2 in the morning and then waking up at 8 in the very same morning to load two trucks full of one's possessions is, indeed, not fun. Not at all.

Luckily, during the night the power had gone out at my sister's home where my parents had been spending the weekend, so my old man and my brother in law got a late start that morning, enabling myself to get a precious extra thirty minutes of sleep and, more importantly, The Lady Friend to go on a much needed coffee run.

The two trucks were loaded up and The Lady Friend and I were on the road by eleven, where we crossed the bridge to the following blasting from the speakers: Soul To Squeeze>Yellow Ledbetter>In The Meantime.

So, within twelve hours, I listened to the following lists of songs: Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)>The Weight>Real Mutherfuckin' G's>The Night They Drove Ol' Dixie Down, followed up by Soul To Squeeze>Yellow Ledbetter>In The Meantime.

If you could possibly think of a better seven songs to listen to before moving to a different city, I'd like to see you try.

'Cause I'd really like to hear that list.

So, by all means, try.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

"I'll be dead in the cold, cold ground before I recognize the state of Missouri."