5/22/2007

 

A Gripe

Shame on you.

Shame on each and every one of you.

I've been blogging for over three and a half years, going back to my days on the ol' Sanchez Report. I've been running this piece of crap for nearly three full years now. Sure, maybe I've neglected you, the reader, sometimes. And maybe I smothered you at other times. But I care. If there's one thing I may be guilty of, it's loving you too much. And this is how you repay me?

You never once... not once... let me know how delicious whiskey sours are?

I find it hard to believe that everybody out there has never had one before. Someone had to have one, right? And I would like to think that while having one, you probably thought to yourself "this is great. You know who would like this? That guy who's blog I occasionally read... Steve... something."

But did you tell me about it? No.

I had to find out on my own. While in a bit of a haze Sunday evening, I made up a whiskey sour after mistaking the recipe for that of a mint julep (which I had never had either; I ended up making one later on and I can honestly say I'm not a fan). And it rocked not just my world, but my worlds apart. (by the way, that video has to be a joke, right? The drummer couldn't keep a straight face while playing air guitar. The HAD to know how ridiculous that was. Right?)

(Seriously. I can't get over that video. I want to remake it. Like right now, scene for scene. get me some dudes, I'm doing it. There is a freaking keyboard taped to a wall. It is so nonsensical yet such genius. My head is about to explode.)

Anyway, internets... now that I know about these whiskey sours, what else are you holding out on me?

I don't know if I can trust you again.

Labels: ,


Comments:
genius, pure genius! i love the Bridget Nielson looking girl in the video too.

sorry about the sours dude, didnt know you were a whiskey man...
another drink is a Dr. Pepper, 3/4 shot of amaretto, top it off w/ Bacardi 151, light on fire and drink. (taste like Dr. Pepper)
 
I had my first whiskey sours on a cruise when I was sixteen--my pop "accidentally" wrote my birthday wrong on my boarding pass. I put away a shitload of 'em that week.

Not a fan of mint juleps either. Gin & tonic with a twist of lime is a fantastic for sitting on the back patio after mowing the lawn.

And I've been ordering these when I want a shot lately. Tasty and potent. I'm guessing you've had carbombs before, right?
 
Don, if you add some children's cough syrup to that shot, you have yourself a Flaming Moe.

I actually made it through March of 1999 drinking only carbombs. I didn't eat a single thing that whole month. Just drank carbombs. At least, thats how I remember it.

Also, I think gin tastes like lighter fluid, but if you make it a vodka tonic w/ a twist, I'm right there on the patio with ya'.
 
boy o' boy, my wife just bought a new bottle of kids cough syrup too!
i guess i will *cough, cough* sick tomorrow...
 
replace the whiskey with ameretto and they're even better. Ameretto sours are the greatest.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

"I'll be dead in the cold, cold ground before I recognize the state of Missouri."